IDE error Make sure the application for the file type (.aspx) is installed

G

I just installed Visual Studio 2003 on WinXP. There is no error thrown during the installation

When I create a new Web Application project in Visual Studio .NET, and then I try to edit it by using the design editor, I receive the following error message

Microsoft Development Environmen

There is no editor available for 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1\WebForm1.aspx'

Make sure the application for the file type (.aspx) is installed

It looks like that there is something wrong with the installation. I tried re-installation, the error is still there

Following is the first line of code of the generated WebForm1.aspx
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="$FILENAME$.vb" Inherits="$INHERITS$"%
Following is the code in generated global.asax
<%@ Application Codebehind="$FILENAME$.vb" Inherits="$INHERITS$" %

It looks like that there is no class generated in the applicatio

When I tried to run the web application via a browser, I got following error messge on browser
Parser Error Message: Could not load type '$INHERITS$'
Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="$FILENAME$.vb" Inherits="$INHERITS$" %
Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1\global.asax Line: 1

And, I can create a Window application in .NET without problem

You help are highly appreciated.

G

I reinstalled ASP.NET as you suggested. No error was thrown during running aspnet_regiis.exe
I still get the same problem as I mentioned previousl
Any further suggestions
Thank
Don Yang

G

IIS works fine on my machine
Furthermore, if I deleted <%@ Application Codebehind="$FILENAME$.vb" Inherits="$INHERITS$" %> in the generated global.asax file, and replaced <%@ Application Codebehind="$FILENAME$.vb" Inherits="$INHERITS$" %> with <%@ Application %> in the generated WebForm1.aspx file, the web application runs fine from a web browser.
I can manually add controls (code) to WebForm1.aspx page
The problem is that I can not edit web application using Designer Editor as the Editor is not available
Thank
Don Yan

Ask a Question