Icons reverting to plain folder...

Sky Rider

Hi,

I haved moved the "My Music" folder, complete with
it's "music" icon, to another partition.

After a short time, the folder reverts to a plain brown
one, without the music icon. Same thing happens to the
folder in the start menu.

If I right-click & check the properties, I find that the
third, (customise,) tab has also disappeared.

I then create a new "My Music" folder & customise it with
the music icon & transfer the contents from the old folder
to the new folder, then delete the old one.

This works fine for a while, then once again, after a
short period, the same thing happens again, with the
folder reverting to the plain brown type.

And it just keeps happening, over & over :-(

This is occuring on a current desktop system running
Windows XP Pro & also on an older laptop running Windows
XP Home.

Can anyone help, please?

Ramesh [MVP]

Click Start, click Run, and then type the following command:
rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555077

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Free Online Virus Scanners and Security Tests:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Scanners.htm

http://groups.google.com/groups?q="[email protected]&rnum=1

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Free Online Virus Scanners and Security Tests:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Scanners.htm

Ramesh: thanks for your further reply :)

I have checked out the KB article, which was interesting...

Funny you should mention Media Player - I have had a
couple of problems with it here & there where it causes
plug-ins to be disabled, but I had not connected it with
this issue. I will monitor that app a bit more closely,
just to see...

Thanks again.