I need to stop outlook from putting the Parentheses around Area codes..help...

S

snesbit

Ok here's a challenge for the masters of the board. I recently got an 06 Lexus GS300 and it syncs names beautifully, but the phone numbers come through to the car as vertical bars......

I posted to clublexus board and the answer was interesting....the car doesn't like parentheses around the area code. Ok, seems straightforward, I tried to sync one of my contacts that did not have parens and it worked!!! BUT

It seems the contact I synched was entered via the I730 without parens. The minute I touch the contact in Microsoft Outlook, autoformatting takes over and my area code automagically gets parens around it.

It seems that you can not enter phone numbers into Outlook without this automatic area code formatting "FEATURE". Nor can you touch it in Outlook without the auto fomatting happening. Yes I'll call it a feature since I like not having to enter them, but I need a way to temporarily turn off this feature so I can synch my phone book to the car.

The phone book has over 600 contacts. My I730 directly synchs with exchange server.

Does anyone know how to get Outlook to NOT put these damned parens on area codes so I can get this done!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Brian Tillman

snesbit said:
It seems that you can not enter phone numbers into Outlook without
this automatic area code formatting "FEATURE". Nor can you touch it
in Outlook without the auto fomatting happening. Yes I'll call it a
feature since I like not having to enter them, but I need a way to
temporarily turn off this feature so I can synch my phone book to the
car.

Outlook's formatting of numbers follows the dialing rules you have set in
Control Panel's "Phone and Modem Options" applet.

Ask a Question