Subject: I need to know the Product Key of an installed Windows XP
From: "ThunderMusic" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 5/26/2004 9:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Hi,
I have many computers with Windows XP. The problem is I don't which CD
Key I used for each computer. I need to find the serial (or cd key) I used
in order to stick the stickers on the computers with OEM Winodws and write
the Computer name on the complete version of Windows Packages. But I need to
know which is which... ;)

Is there a way to find what Product Key has been used for an already
installed Windows XP.

Thanks

ThunderMusic
KeyFinder, free, from www.magicaljellybean.com .

Cheers,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

ThunderMusic

Thank you very very much for the quick answer. It does the job just right.
Thanks again!!

John Ski

From: "ThunderMusic" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 5/26/2004 9:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Thank you very very much for the quick answer. It does the job just right.
Thanks again!!
You're most welcome. Glad I could help.

Cheers,

John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

James

I have many computers with Windows XP. The problem is I don't which CD
Key I used for each computer. I need to find the serial (or cd key) I used
in order to stick the stickers on the computers with OEM Winodws and write
the Computer name on the complete version of Windows Packages. But I need to
know which is which... ;)

Is there a way to find what Product Key has been used for an already
installed Windows XP.

Thanks

ThunderMusic

.
There are many programs on the web that will get that for
you. Some are free. Just go to web and search key
word "Product Key Number". good luck.

Alex Nichol

ThunderMusic said:
I have many computers with Windows XP. The problem is I don't which CD
Key I used for each computer. I need to find the serial (or cd key) I used
in order to stick the stickers on the computers with OEM Winodws and write
the Computer name on the complete version of Windows Packages. But I need to
know which is which... ;)

Is there a way to find what Product Key has been used for an already
installed Windows XP.

get the free Everest Home edition from
http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1
which is an excellent general System Info tool, and its Operating System
- Operating System page will tell you the one used

Note that if the machine came with XP installed, this will probably give
a key used in producing an original image, then cloned to all machines
they make. So it is not the one for a reinstall. But then the key will
be on a label on the case of the machine