I don't want hyperlinks in my worksheet.

I copied a table from a web page. Many of cells contain hyperlinks. In Excel,
they are not useful; an accidental click sends my window off to the web. I
can right click on them and disable the hyperlink, but there are over a
hundred of them. If I select more than one of them, I do not have the option
of removing the hyperlinks.

I need a way to get rid of all the hyperlinks quickly and easily.

Is there a button hidden somewhere, or is MicroSoft opposed to anything that
stops unintended connections to the internet? (I think I finally managed to
get Word to stop turning anything with a dot in it into a link.)

Jim Cone

The free Excel add-in "Excel Extras" will do that.
It adds a Remove Hyperlinks menu item below the Hyperlinks item
on the Insert Menu. The program will also sort sheets, add a table of contents
and do other stuff. Download from...
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Dan Kowalski"
<djkowalski at hotmail dot com>
wrote in message
I copied a table from a web page. Many of cells contain hyperlinks. In Excel,
they are not useful; an accidental click sends my window off to the web. I
can right click on them and disable the hyperlink, but there are over a
hundred of them. If I select more than one of them, I do not have the option
of removing the hyperlinks.

I need a way to get rid of all the hyperlinks quickly and easily.

Is there a button hidden somewhere, or is MicroSoft opposed to anything that
stops unintended connections to the internet? (I think I finally managed to
get Word to stop turning anything with a dot in it into a link.)

After you paste the table. on the right low corner. you will be able to
choose to keep source formating or match destination formating. If you choose
to match destination formating. No hyperlink will be pasted.