I did the unthinkable

John Jay Smith

Today is a historical day..
I did the unthinkable.. I plonked someone!

I have never done this before...and I was against it.... but I had to.

I just had to.. because drastic measures were needed in this case....
But this has not been done with a light conscious and it is a burden on my
soul....

So please read the following lyrics and sing along with me, with the
Queens bohemian rhapsody tune.....

PS: Whoever doesn't know this song.. is VERY young.. lol here it is in MIDI
http://www.queenwords.com/audio/midis/borhap.mid ( Yeah, I know-I know..
terrible sound)

:)

Mama, just PLONKED a man
Put a RULE against his head
Pushed my mouse button, now he's dead
Mama, Vista had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back online again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my netcard time is done
Sends shivers down my cable line
Back is aching all the time

Goodbye everybody - I've got to go offline
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooo - (anyways windows blows)
I don't want my connection to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been online at all........

http://www.lyrc.com.ar/lyric/Q/Queen_Bohemian Rapsody.html

John Jay Smith

The extended version written by yours truly
----

Is this the real life?
Is this just final fantasy?
Caught in a spam scam
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look into your files and C#
I'm just a poor boy, I need no TFT
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Bandwidth high or a little low
Anyways windows blows, doesn't really matter to me, windows Me

Mama, just PLONKED a man
Put a RULE against his head
Pushed my mouse button, now he's dead
Mama, Vista had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make your CPU fry
If I'm not back online again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my netcard time is done
Sends shivers down my cable line
Back is aching all the time

Goodbye everybody - I've got to go offline
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooo - (anyways windows blows)
I don't want my connection to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been online at all........

I see a little icon of a man
Microsoft, Microsoft will you do the fandango?
Electric bolts are lighting - very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo Figaro - magnifico

But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves WinMe
He's just a poor boy from a poor network neighborhood
Spare him his drive from this monstrosity*
Easy come easy go - will you let me go
Bill is blah! No - we will not let you go - let him go
Bill is blah! We will not let you go - let him go
Bill is blah! We will not let you go - let me go
Will not let you go - let me go (never)
Never let you go - let me go
Never let me go - ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no -
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Microsoft has a devil put aside for me
for me
for me

So you think you can reboot me and format my drive?
So you think you can love me & post my pic online?
Oh baby - can't blog like this baby
Just gotta get out - just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
We are just formaters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters - nothing really matters to me

Anyways windows blows...

*Monstrosity = He is referring to windows VISTA

jonah

Today is a historical day..
I did the unthinkable.. I plonked someone!

I have never done this before...and I was against it.... but I had to.

I just had to.. because drastic measures were needed in this case....
But this has not been done with a light conscious and it is a burden on my
soul....

Was it me? :cool:
[...]

Nice lyrics, not sure Freddie would have approved though

Jonah

John Jay Smith

nah.... not you.. why would I plonk you?

We are talking about an exceptional pain the the posterior here....

Im sure Freddy would love to know that his songs still insipre people so
many years after he wrote them....even in the internet age...

Nigel Reed

John Jay Smith said:
Today is a historical day..
I did the unthinkable.. I plonked someone!

Has Scott become that bad? I can't say I ever read his posts these days
anyway ;)

Regards
Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...

"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" --Adam Savage.

"John Jay Smith" <-> wrote in message
Finally, there is someone more annoying than me, Just FYI.

P.S. You really need to sign up to be a MSDN OS Level Tester in order to try
out Build 5472, because you would probably find it a whole lot better than
Beta 2, and you would probably be less angry at Microsoft, and like Windows
Vista a whole lot better.

Colin Barnhorst

Kev, you're perseverating again.

"John Jay Smith" <-> wrote in message
Finally, there is someone more annoying than me, Just FYI.

P.S. You really need to sign up to be a MSDN OS Level Tester in order to
try out Build 5472, because you would probably find it a whole lot better
than Beta 2, and you would probably be less angry at Microsoft, and like
Windows Vista a whole lot better.

John Jay Smith

Yes I know that its better...

but the GUI still has the same problems...
that are not bugs but bad design....

and if you take into account how much better it
COULD have been (remember we are in 2006-2007)...
well.......

John Jay Smith

Yes I know that its better...

but the GUI still has the same problems...
that are not bugs but bad design....

and if you take into account how much better it
COULD have been (remember we are in 2006-2007)...
well.......

John Jay Smith

sorry wrong reply to you..

for you its...

GREAT SCOTT! Who is scott?

:) beam me up ? no cant be.. thats scotty...

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Hi,

It's so true. There's some things I've just accepted (like the lack of a windows title on
Explorer windows), but others that are just downright ridiculous, like the black taskbar with
no customization (don't tell me about tinting, it's still black; I want white like the early
glass demos), folder conflicts (replace copy/move files), lack of accessibility (just try
Vista without a mouse, it's like a nightmare), UAC, etc.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

John Jay Smith

At last! someone knowledgeable who agrees with me!!!

Thanks... as for the black taskbar, here is another
comedy post I posted here a few days ago..

---
talking about the evil empire....

I see the vista taskbar is black and shiny..

kinda like darth vadors helmet and suite...

depressing, dark and evil

Music please!!! (the emperors marching theme)

Ba-ba-ba, bum-ba-ba, bum ba-ba,,,, ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-bum, ba-ba-baaaaaaaa

:)

If you don't know about what music I am referring to you can see the
following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_March

ogg files play with winamp

or hear the midi file here: http://www.galaxyfaraway.com/Sounds/IMPERIAL.MID
or
http://www.galaxyfaraway.com/Sounds/empire.mid

John Jay Smith

Nigel, she is a girl...

its ok bieng purple

its ok being green *

* I am quoting kermit the frog...

jonah

Nigel, she is a girl...

its ok bieng purple

its ok being green *

* I am quoting kermit the frog...
Yes it does, "Gay" was a perfectly good word for "bright , happy,
attractive, etc" till it got hijacked and rendered unsuable in its
original meaning.

:cool:

Jonah

Colin Barnhorst

In Pennsylvania the Amish were known as the Plain People (for their
clothing) and the local Lutherans were known by the Amish as the Gay People
(for their clothing and how they painted their houses).