I cannot reschedule a meeting

Mewsette

I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser, but
I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser,
but
I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

Define "cannot send". Exactly what happens when you try?

Mewsette

Brian Tillman said:
Define "cannot send". Exactly what happens when you try?

Hi Brian,

I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was one of
the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
using is 2006.

Thank you!
Sharon

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was one
of
the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
using is 2006.

Display your calendar in a Table view like By Category and use the Field
Choose to add the Organizer field to the column headers. Are you listed as
Organizer?

Mewsette

Brian Tillman said:
Display your calendar in a Table view like By Category and use the Field
Choose to add the Organizer field to the column headers. Are you listed as
Organizer?
Yes, I see my name as the organiser...The funny thing is that for other
meetings that I've organised I can update/cancel, etc; but for this
particular one, I cannot. Thank you for your help!

Sarah K_04

I am having the same problem. I am using Office 2007. I have set up a
recurring meeting and all parties have accepted. Now when I open the meeting
to cancel or reschedule teh meeting, I do not have the option to. It says
that I am the Organizer, but I do not have the options--it shows like I am an
attendee who has accepted the meeting. Any help would be appreciated.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

if you can't send updates for an existing appointment, you need to make a
new appointment. there is no way to fix it.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
"kelly smith" wrote in message
I am also having the same problem with Office 2003. Did you ever receive an
answer to this question?
On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:12 PM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
Display your calendar in a Table view like By Category and use the
Field
Choose to add the Organizer field to the column headers. Are you
listed as
Organizer?

Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
This has bugged me for ages and had been creating new appointments instead of rescheduling.

You can reschedule by opening the series and under options>recurrence change the appointment time to the new time and click the send update button so all attendees are notified of the change.