    I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
    day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser, but
    I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

    Mewsette, Mar 31, 2009

  2. "Mewsette" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
    > day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser,
    > but
    > I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

    Define "cannot send". Exactly what happens when you try?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Mar 31, 2009

  3. Mewsette

    Mewsette Guest

    "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

    > "Mewsette" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
    > > day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser,
    > > but
    > > I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

    > Define "cannot send". Exactly what happens when you try?
    > --
    > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Hi Brian,

    I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
    update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was one of
    the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
    using is 2006.

    Thank you!
    Sharon

    Mewsette, Mar 31, 2009
  4. "Mewsette" <> wrote in message

    > I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
    > update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was one
    > of
    > the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
    > using is 2006.

    Display your calendar in a Table view like By Category and use the Field
    Choose to add the Organizer field to the column headers. Are you listed as
    Organizer?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Mar 31, 2009
  5. Mewsette

    Mewsette Guest

    "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

    > "Mewsette" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
    > > update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was one
    > > of
    > > the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
    > > using is 2006.

    > Display your calendar in a Table view like By Category and use the Field
    > Choose to add the Organizer field to the column headers. Are you listed as
    > Organizer?
    > --
    > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Yes, I see my name as the organiser...The funny thing is that for other
    meetings that I've organised I can update/cancel, etc; but for this
    particular one, I cannot. Thank you for your help!

    Mewsette, Apr 1, 2009
  6. Mewsette

    Sarah K_04 Guest

    I am having the same problem. I am using Office 2007. I have set up a
    recurring meeting and all parties have accepted. Now when I open the meeting
    to cancel or reschedule teh meeting, I do not have the option to. It says
    that I am the Organizer, but I do not have the options--it shows like I am an
    attendee who has accepted the meeting. Any help would be appreciated.

    Sarah K_04, Apr 3, 2009
  7. Re: I am having the same problem. I am using Office 2007.

    if you can't send updates for an existing appointment, you need to make a
    new appointment. there is no way to fix it.

    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
    "kelly smith" wrote in message news:...

    I am also having the same problem with Office 2003. Did you ever receive an
    answer to this question?

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], May 23, 2011
  8. Mewsette

    corriander

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2012
    Likes Received:
    0
    This has bugged me for ages and had been creating new appointments instead of rescheduling.

    You can reschedule by opening the series and under options>recurrence change the appointment time to the new time and click the send update button so all attendees are notified of the change.

    corriander, Mar 27, 2012