I can not open all my programs in C drive from desktop or start

G

Please help me solving my problem!
When I try to open all my programs from desktop short cut or from start menu I get error messages similar to these:

windows cannot find 'C:\windows\...\....exe\'
windows can not find 'C:\program files\...\....exe\'
windows can not find '(null)'
make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. to search for a files, clcik start button and then click search.

G

You have either moved the files, or your desktop icons are corrupt. Open Windows
Explorer (under Accessories) and navigate to the program and click on the application exe file to open it. If it opens fine, then close it and rightclick it and click create desktop icon and delete the old icon on the desktop. Do that for all the programs that give you errors. Note: If you can not find the executable (exe) file
for some of the programs, you may have deleted them and you'll need to reinstall
the program.

G

I think I lost all my .exe files I can't open any program or file in C drive either from windows explorer. Is using the Recovery CD which came with my computer is the only solution or I can do something else to recover the executable files?

Ask a Question