HyperOs HyperDrive IV 8Gb & 16GB, ATA133 ANY good? 200X faster than Normal HDD

Reaction score
I came across this alternative to a hardrive thats suppose to be 200 X faster than any normal pc user HDD in the world.

Im just wondering does anyone have more info on this Hyperdrive?

How much storage does it have?
IS it really that fast?

I dont want to purchase it only to find out it can not fit into my system.

Thats the link: http://www.hyperossystems.co.uk/ plz scroll down at the bottom to see the item

Reaction score
HyperOS is the same as VMWare in that you can have an O/S running as a virtual system.
As for a hard drive made up of ram, surely when you turn off the power it looses all data!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yes its fast - but its also extremely expensive.

Advantages are that there are no moving parts to go wrong like in a conventional HDD.

Main disadvantage is you are limited in capacity to the number of RAM sockets available - in this case 16GB max (8 x 2GB DDR Ram) at a cost of £600 - so the £ per GB ratio is massive.

And as feckit says if you have a total power failure, then you loose all your data - although in this case it has an external power connector for when your PC is powered off, together with a battery back-up.

Gigabyte do an RAM HDD, the review is HERE :thumb:

There's no doubt that solid state HDD's are the future - but until the capacity rises, and the costs fall then your better off with a conventional HDD in my opinion.

Ask a Question