    files with a hyperlink base.

    I use Powerpoint 2003 without SP3.
    thanks

    GadiN, Jan 12, 2009

  2. GadiN

    GadiN Guest

    Hi Steve,

    To your questions:
    When i click on the link during presentation or when i use "open hyperlink"
    i get the following message:
    "Opening "[hyperlink base]"
    Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data...Do you want to
    continue?"
    if i click yes, then the file is attempted to be opened by the web browser-
    I know the workaround for this problem is to delete the hyperlink base, but
    what if i need to use a hyperlink base for the external links...?
    I inserted the internal links by marking some text & insert=>hyperlink. I
    then chose "Link to: Place in This Document", and clicked on the slide i
    wanted to link to which appeared in the list of slides.
    In the "Edit Hyperlink" window i see exactly the same setting: "Place in
    This Document" highlighted, the slide to be linked to also highlighted with
    the right slide itself appearing in miniature to the right...

    GadiN, Jan 12, 2009

  3. GadiN

    John Wilson Guest

    Steve (& GadiN)

    I can reproduce this in 2003 and 2007.
    If I use slide show > action settings first, last, next and previous slide
    work but a specific slide goes to the hlink base. Bug?
    --

    john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
    Custom vba coding and PPT Makeovers

    John Wilson, Jan 13, 2009
  4. GadiN

    GadiN Guest

    Steve hi,
    When thinking about it again, I dont realy need the hyperbase link right
    now...relative addressing just didnt seem safe enough though, e.g. when
    moving different PP files between different directories, wanting the
    hyperlinks to keep pointing to a constant directory (containing all picture
    files for example).
    In any case, i got the following workaround which works:
    instead of using "internal links" i use "external link" to the same file and
    point to the target slide via the 'bookmark' option.

    Best regards
    Gadi

    GadiN, Jan 19, 2009
  5. GadiN

    GadiN Guest

    No, no copy of the file is opened. the hyperlink does just what i want it to
    do...
    you can easily check it for yourself

    GadiN, Jan 20, 2009