Hyperlink Needs a "Back to Previous Page" Link

G

I need to know how to put a link on my enlarged photos that will direct people back to the original page containing the thumbnail photo. I use this for posting auctions (not in my own website). Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to do this? I use FrontPage 2002.

D

David Baxter

I may be missing something in your question but it should be simple:

- click on the photo
- click on the hyperlink icon (or get it through the menus)
- enter or browse to the thumbnail page
- click on okay and out, and the photo becomes a link

bssc0902 said:
I need to know how to put a link on my enlarged photos that will
direct people back to the original page containing the thumbnail photo.
I use this for posting auctions (not in my own website). Is there
anyone out there who can tell me how to do this? I use FrontPage 2002.

G

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response! I am not having a problem making my image a hyperlink. I would like to enhance the link with a "Back to Previous Page" text link. Right now, when someone clicks on the smaller image, it takes them to a page with the larger image...but nothing else is on that page. They have to click on their browser's "BACK" button, or select 'BACK" from the shortcut menu (right-click)

I heard on television that this is bad website development -- pages with just photos and nothing else are considered "orphaned pages". I would like to make it convenient to go back to the previous page from a photo hyperlink

Can you help

Thanks
Donna

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You must create a actual page for each large image, then insert the large image and your Previous
Page link, next you have to change the hyperlink from the thumbnail to point to the page with the
large image instead of it pointing to the large image itself.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

bssc0902 said:
I need to know how to put a link on my enlarged photos that will direct people back to the
original page containing the thumbnail photo. I use this for posting auctions (not in my own
website). Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to do this? I use FrontPage 2002.

A

Andrew Murray

back to previous page link as in <a href="#" onclick=history.go(-1)>Back to
previous page</a>

Ask a Question