Human interface device access error 126

G

In services, when I try to start(HID)I get this error message
Could not start service on local computer
Error- 12
The specified module could not be found

I 've been having problems with my xp home pc letting me add any plug n play devices, such as a DSL device (if that is pnp). So I thought maybe this (HID) had anything to do with it. Can someone please let me know where to find the missing module?

A

azalea

Perhaps there's help here:
http://flashexperiments.insh-allah.com/ApacheError126.html

-----Original Message-----
In services, when I try to start(HID)I get this error message,
Could not start service on local computer.
Error- 126
The specified module could not be found.

I 've been having problems with my xp home pc letting me
add any plug n play devices, such as a DSL device (if
that is pnp). So I thought maybe this (HID) had anything
to do with it. Can someone please let me know where to
find the missing module?

G

OK. I went to the site you suggested but, there was'nt an exact answer there because the problem is still being worked out. it mentions an Apache dll,and references to audio. I can't find anything named Apache on my pc.My audio is by another maker. Let me know if there is anytthing else you could suggest. And thanks so much, I have learned alot!
Jeanie

Reaction score
I had the 126 module not found problem and tried everything without success, until I found a solution for my case, the value of the registry key had an empty space before the actual data, wrong value: " %SystemRoot%\System32\hidserv.dll" and the correct value should have been " %SystemRoot%\System32\hidserv.dll" that's why the system couldn't find the .dll, I have no idea how that happened since it was working fine and then stopped, I guess it's just Microsh*t for a change.

Ask a Question