Huge drivers problem

juanpablo

Hi,

Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives or
hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can not use
the device.
I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is
supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time Im
having this problem and not sure why........

JPG

jandarfish

I was wondering about the same thing - thought it was my laptop - I plugged
the thumb drive into another port and it recognized it... but sometimes my
external mouse just stops working as well, so I change ports... is it a VISTA
issue?

juanpablo

It is absolutely amazing, I have seen thousands of posts everywhere with the
same problem, and all the time people respond to look for the drivers of the
product. That is not the problem, because this products should not come with
any driver, since windows should have them and there is no fix for it rather
thatn reformat.
I cant believe, how bad this system is.

Dave

Why can't you understand?
The hardware producers must write drivers for their product to work with
Vista.
Many provided MS with drivers to include with Vista, but that was ~ 18
months ago.
Hardware keeps changing, and it's up to the maker to provide the drivers.

juanpablo

I dont understand why it was working perfect before, recognizing everything,
and from moment to another, it does not even recognize a simple pen drive.
This is absolutely not an operating system someone can trust.

dude2123

ok, i am having the same problem, but...
1. i have service pack 1
2. the mentioned fix says that it is "not required"

it is asking me to install someting as simple as a keyboard, but seems to
recognise hardware that has already been installed.

Farhan Ahmed said:
Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940199/

While the symptoms might be different, the underlying problem is the same
in majority of the cases.

This fix is also contained in SP1 for Vista.

- Farhan

rights.

Posted At: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:48 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Conversation: Huge drivers problem
Subject: RE: Huge drivers problem

jandarfish said:
I was wondering about the same thing - thought it was my laptop - I
plugged
the thumb drive into another port and it recognized it... but sometimes
my
external mouse just stops working as well, so I change ports... is it a
VISTA
issue?

Noname

I had exactly this problem, only after the installation of Service Pack 1,
and anothers Updates.
I used system restauration (Before SP1), and my computer is working again.

And Microsoft site says that service packs will fix bugs. They're causing
bugs...

Russ

I have the exact same problem. My Gateway was purchased new with Vista Home
Premium (32bit) and all my hardware worked fine. Then one day, hardware that
had been working fine suddenly needed to be reinstalled when I rebooted (and
everytime since). Some hardware (like my printer) have Vista drivers (even
though I didn't need them initially), but they don't install properly. Other
hardware, like my Creative Zen (which worked previously) are supposed to be
supported natively by Vista, but now it doesn't work at all. I even tried my
Microsoft wireless Intellimouse but got the same error message that the
drivers were wrong (this with drivers that come directly from Microsoft).

I've tried the suggested Hotfix and my computer says it's not necessary (so
that's no 'fix'). I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling, but
I get the same installation failure. I'd reinstall XP if this machine hadn't
come with Vista already installed. I can't believe what a piece of crap this
"operating system" is!

Russ

Well, luckily I was able to uninstall Service Pack 1 and my USB devices
started working normally again, so I guess I was the lucky one.

It sure would be nice if Microsoft would acknowledge this problem and fix it.