Huge administration problem.

I'm unable to put myself back as an administrator on my user...
My user is a basic user and does not have any privilages really.
I've tried to enable the built in administrator user but to no avail as my
account does not have enough privilages
I've tried safe mode to see if it appears but to no avail as it doesnt show
up at all

I dont see any way at all of getting around this. I am unable to
install/uninstall many programs and I'm even unable to delete folders on the
hard disk.

Anybody know any way of fixing this. I was thinking that there may be
something hidden in regedit but I dont think it would let me edit it anyway
as I may not have high enough privilages.

Thanks to all who reply in any way in advance
--
Dell Inspiron 1300
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate RC2 32-bit

Josh

The account you made during setup should be a Protected admin if you use
that account and then elevate a command prompt by doing a search for CMD and
right clicking and running as an administrator you should be able to get in
that way.

Nope. It seems I have no protected admin. I have only one user. I created it
a few upgrades ago (In Beta 2).

Also, I cant even get past C:\Users\James Allison in CMD. Haha! Great...

Anybody else?

--
Dell Inspiron 1300
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
Intel Celeron M Processor
Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
1.60Ghz
512MB RAM

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello James,
Try logging on as Administrator while in Safe Mode. Default password is
blank.
The administrator account is disabled by default howver if no other local
accounts are added to the Local Administrator's group, you are allowed to
log on with the "administrator" account while in safe mode if you are in a
workgroup. If other local accounts are in the administartor's group, then
the local "administrator" acocunt remains disabled in Safe Mode unless you
specifically have enabled it.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<[email protected]>
<Subject: Re: Huge administration problem.
<Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:03:02 -0800
<Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
<
<Nope. It seems I have no protected admin. I have only one user. I created
it
<a few upgrades ago (In Beta 2).
<
<Also, I cant even get past C:\Users\James Allison in CMD. Haha! Great...
<
<Anybody else?
<
<--
<"Josh" wrote:
<
<> The account you made during setup should be a Protected admin if you use
<> that account and then elevate a command prompt by doing a search for CMD
and
<> right clicking and running as an administrator you should be able to get
in
<> that way.
<>
<> --
<> Josh
<> http://windowsconnected.com
<>
<> Now with NNTP goodness!
<>
message
<> <> > Huge administration problem.
<> >
[...]
<> > --
<> > Dell Inspiron 1300
<> > Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate RC2 32-bit
<> > Intel Celeron M Processor
<> > Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
<> > 1.60Ghz
<> > 512MB RAM
<>
<

I'm unable to do any of this is all of the privilages I need to do these
aren't available and in safemode, the user isn't available for some reason. I
have tried.

I think it may be a case of cleaning the system.

--

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello James,
Try logging on as Administrator while in Safe Mode. Default password is
blank.
The administrator account is disabled by default howver if no other local
accounts are added to the Local Administrator's group, you are allowed to
log on with the "administrator" account while in safe mode if you are in a
workgroup. If other local accounts are in the administartor's group, then
the local "administrator" acocunt remains disabled in Safe Mode unless you
specifically have enabled it.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<[email protected]>
<Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:03:02 -0800
<Newsgroups:
<"Josh" wrote:
<
[...]

What do you mean the user isn't available in Safe Mode?
Are you entering the correct syntax to logon on with the administrator
account?
Are you typing in the administrator name?
Are logged into a domain?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<[email protected]>
<Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:20:01 -0800
<Newsgroups:
<""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
<
<> Hello James,
<> Try logging on as Administrator while in Safe Mode. Default password is
<> blank.
<> The administrator account is disabled by default howver if no other
local
<> accounts are added to the Local Administrator's group, you are allowed
<> log on with the "administrator" account while in safe mode if you are in
<> workgroup. If other local accounts are in the administartor's group,
then
<> the local "administrator" acocunt remains disabled in Safe Mode unless
you
<> specifically have enabled it.
<> Thanks,
<> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
<>
<> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights
<> --------------------
<> <From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<> <[email protected]>
<> <Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:03:02 -0800
<> <Newsgroups:
<> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
<> <
<> <Nope. It seems I have no protected admin. I have only one user. I
created
<> it
<> <a few upgrades ago (In Beta 2).
<> <
<> <Also, I cant even get past C:\Users\James Allison in CMD. Haha! Great...
<> <
<> <Anybody else?
<> <
<> <--
<> <Dell Inspiron 1300
<> <Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
<> <Intel Celeron M Processor
<> <Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
<> <1.60Ghz
<> <512MB RAM
<> <
<> <
<> <"Josh" wrote:
<> <
<> <> The account you made during setup should be a Protected admin if you
use
<> <> that account and then elevate a command prompt by doing a search for
CMD
<> and
<> <> right clicking and running as an administrator you should be able to
get
<> in
<> <> that way.
<> <>
<> <> --
<> <> Josh
<> <> http://windowsconnected.com
<> <>
<> <> Now with NNTP goodness!
<> <>
<> message
<> <> <> <> > Huge administration problem.
<> <> >
[...]
<> <> > --
<> <> > Dell Inspiron 1300
<> <> > Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate RC2 32-bit
<> <> > Intel Celeron M Processor
<> <> > Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
<> <> > 1.60Ghz
<> <> > 512MB RAM
<> <>
<> <
<>
<>
<

The user seems to be disabled in safe mode.
I type the correct syntax and it displays a message saying "Your account has
been disabled. Please see your local administrator".

I really think that everything this is suggested is bound by the fact that i
have no available users with Administration privilages.
--

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello James,
What do you mean the user isn't available in Safe Mode?
Are you entering the correct syntax to logon on with the administrator
account?
Are you typing in the administrator name?
Are logged into a domain?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<[email protected]>
<Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:20:01 -0800
<Newsgroups:
<""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
<
[...]
<> <From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<> <[email protected]>
<> <Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:03:02 -0800
<> <Newsgroups:
<> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
<> <
<> <Nope. It seems I have no protected admin. I have only one user. I
created
<> it
<> <a few upgrades ago (In Beta 2).
<> <
<> <Also, I cant even get past C:\Users\James Allison in CMD. Haha! Great...
<> <
<> <Anybody else?
<> <
<> <--
<> <Dell Inspiron 1300
<> <Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
<> <Intel Celeron M Processor
<> <Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
<> <1.60Ghz
<> <512MB RAM
<> <
<> <
<> <"Josh" wrote:
<> <
[...]

Paula Allen

I am confused...did you somehow delete or disable the default administrator
account? Instead of a user name, you type the word "administrator" and
leave the password area blank. Unless you somehow totally disabled the
default administrator account, no matter what you did several system
upgrades ago, Vista should have still created a default administrator
account.

Paula

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello James,
What do you mean the user isn't available in Safe Mode?
Are you entering the correct syntax to logon on with the administrator
account?
Are you typing in the administrator name?
Are logged into a domain?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

rights
--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<[email protected]>
<Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:20:01 -0800
<Newsgroups:
<""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
<
[...]
<> <From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<> <[email protected]>
<> <Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:03:02 -0800
<> <Newsgroups:
[...]
<> <"Josh" wrote:
<> <
[...]

OK. I went to a repairs shop and they said exactly what I've been saying.
Basically, we've agreed that the problem is unfixable.

I've decided I'm going to go back to RC1 (as RC2 is unavailable for
download) and I'm going to make a clean install to avoid the problems again.

Thanks for the help
--

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello James,
What do you mean the user isn't available in Safe Mode?
Are you entering the correct syntax to logon on with the administrator
account?
Are you typing in the administrator name?
Are logged into a domain?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

rights
--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<[email protected]>
<Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:20:01 -0800
<Newsgroups:
<""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
<
[...]
<> <From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgQWxsaXNvbg==?=
<> <[email protected]>
<> <Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:03:02 -0800
<> <Newsgroups:
[...]
<> <"Josh" wrote:
<> <
[...]

Years ago when I first trained on NT, I was taught that the very First thing
you do after loading a new system is, first create a second administrator
account, and second create one or more user accounts. In vista you need to
add one more step, enable and assign a password to the built in
administrator account. These steps will prevent your type of problem as
well as others that can and do acure. I know this does not help your
current problem however it can save you from ever going through it again.

:

Hello James,
What do you mean the user isn't available in Safe Mode?
Are you entering the correct syntax to logon on with the administrator
account?
Are you typing in the administrator name?
Are logged into a domain?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

rights
[...]
[...]