HP Scanjet 6200c

G

Through HP ASG (Hewlett Packard Advance Support Group) we successfully installed my Scanjet 6200c on Windows XP Home Edition. While on the phone with HP ASG I tried the scan with the Precisionscan Pro application and I did get a successful scan and image. I did not try multiple scans.

After the successful install of the Scanjet 6200c, I re-installed my HP Officejet V40 all in one (print, scan, copy, fax). My Scanjet 6200c does not work after the re-install of the Officejet V40 all in one and I am getting the same error messages, Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (An error has occurred communicating with the scanner.) Thsi is the same error message that I received prior to the HP ASG for the Scanjet 6200c.

I wonder if the re-install of the Officejet V40 is some how corrupting the successful install of the Scanjet 6200c? I would also like to mention upon several different occasions uninstalls and reinstalls of the Scanjet 6200c, in the Device Manager one time it will show up as an Unknown device under USB and the next time it shows up under Imaging Device.

G

Hi this is Kathy, I just want to let you know the reason I posted this question under Windows XP General. HP driver updates were necessary to install my scanner on Windows XP Home Edition, so in this case it is Windows XP related.

G

Do you have the XP Drivers installed for the scanner?
-----Original Message-----
Hi this is Kathy, I just want to let you know the reason
I posted this question under Windows XP General. HP
driver updates were necessary to install my scanner on
Windows XP Home Edition, so in this case it is Windows XP
related.we successfully installed my Scanjet 6200c on Windows XP
Home Edition. While on the phone with HP ASG I tried the
scan with the Precisionscan Pro application and I did get
a successful scan and image. I did not try multiple
scans.re-installed my HP Officejet V40 all in one (print, scan,
copy, fax). My Scanjet 6200c does not work after the re-
install of the Officejet V40 all in one and I am getting
the same error messages, Sorry, scanner could not be
initialized. (An error has occurred communicating with
the scanner.) Thsi is the same error message that I
received prior to the HP ASG for the Scanjet 6200c.some how corrupting the successful install of the Scanjet
6200c? I would also like to mention upon several
different occasions uninstalls and reinstalls of the
Scanjet 6200c, in the Device Manager one time it will
show up as an Unknown device under USB and the next time
it shows up under Imaging Device.

G

Hi anonymous,

Thanks for the reply. Are you talking about the hpsjrreg.exe that is located in system32? Yes the driver was asked for, I located it and it was installed. I did note that the one time it did not ask to locate the driver, that is when the 6200c ended up in the device manager under USB, Unknown device. I now have the hpsjrreg.exe listed in driver details and the 6200c is listed under Imaging Devices. Do you think that the Officejet v40 install is corrupting or overwriting the reg for the 6200c somehow?

Ask a Question