HP PSC 2210 CPU NOT DETECTING PRINTER

G

I HAVE A HP PAVILLION 553x CPU & THE HP PSC 2210 CAME IN A BUNDLE.
I HAD NO PROBLEMS UNTIL I WAS SCANNING SOME PHOTOS INTO THE CPU & WHILE DOING THAT I GOT A MESSAGE THAT THE DEVICE I WAS TRYING TO USE WAS NOT DETECTED. I HAVE TRIED TO USE THE CD THAT CAME WITH THE PRINTER. HAVE BOUGHT A NEW UBS CABLE. CONTACTED HP HELP 4-5 TIMES & FINALLY I RESTORED MY COMPUTER TO THE ORGINAL DATE IT WAS PURCHASED. TRYING TO INSTALL THE PRINTER AGAIN. THEN WHEN I GET THE MESSAGE TO SELECT THE TYPE ALL-IN-ONE I AM USING, IT'S NOT ON THE LIST. SO I CLICK HAVE DISK &THE WIZARD GETS GIVES ME A SUBMENU FOR THE DISK & IT'S A:\ DRIVE, I HAVE TRIED TYPING IN C,D,&E & IT WON'T TAKE THEM. I STAYED ONLINE ALL NIGHT & MOST OF THE DAY DOWNLOADING A ELEVEN HOUR SOFTWARE & DRIVER PROGRAM FROM HP HELP. NOW I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE IT FROM THEIR BECAUSE IT CAME WITH NO INSTRUCTIONS.

IF ANYONE HAS A SIMPLE ANSWER TO THIS I WOULD SO MUCH APPRECIATE A REPLY. BECAUSE I AM SO TIRED OF DEALING ON THE PHONE WITH TECHNICANS THAT I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING OR THEY PUT ME OFF & SAY TO CALL AGAIN,ETC, ETC

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Please turn off your Caps Lock Key. It's considered shouting, is extremely
rude and makes the posting very difficult to read.... and in your case of
little punctuation and very little use of paragraphs, almost impossible.

Disconnect the All in One Unit from the PC.

Use the HP Software Cleanup Utility...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=oj-11696-6

You'll need to download a completely new set of software drivers from the HP
website at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228&softwareitem=mp-19447-3

Once it is cleaned, reboot the PC. After the PC has started, click on the
file you download from the HP website....... do NOT connect the All in One
Unit to the PC until the software tells you to do so.

Ask a Question