HP psc 1210

TeddyB

I have installed this printer easily in the past, but suddenly it would
not work any more. I have uninstalled the printer and removed
everything to do with it and tried to reinstall (Windows XP) but when
the wizard asks me to plug it in, it does not recognise anything as
being plugged in please help, as I do not know what else to do.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

If the USB port(s) are known to be working with other USB device, then try a
different USB cable.

TeddyB

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"TeddyB" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

I have installed this printer easily in the past, but suddenly it
would
not work any more. I have uninstalled the printer and removed
everything to do with it and tried to reinstall (Windows XP) but when
the wizard asks me to plug it in, it does not recognise anything as
being plugged in please help, as I do not know what else to do.

Thanks for that. I also thought the USB cable might be to blame, but I
have just managed to unstall the printer to my laptop using same USB
cable. The USB ports on my pc are working fine. when I tried to
install the printer to pc manually, my printer was noy listed in the
drop down menu. Also, when I downloaded driver from HP, it would not
install.

TeddyB

Cari said:
Try the Uninstall Utility found at the HP website (last item on the
page) to
ensure you've got rid of all of the previous installation (keep the
printer
DISCONNECTED at this time)...

Then download a new set of the drivers.... sorry, yes all 166mb of
it....
and try again.

http://tinyurl.com/6q6lb

--

Cari \(MS-MVP\) Wrote:
[...]

At last I have managed to uninstall and reinstall the software from the
site. However, when I plug printer in and switch on, my pc fails to
recognise any plug and play printer. I really am at a loss nopw.
Thank you very much for your advice so far!

teddy