How'd he do this: "To" box says "Recipient List Undisclosed"

TAllen

How did a colleague do this?:

When sending e-mail to a group, anyone who receives the message only
sees "Recipient List Undisclosed" in the To: box.

He won't tell me how he did it (just to bust my chops - for now) ...
but how do I do this?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

That will not populate the To: field, which is what the original poster was
asking.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Olivia said:
I thought you could do the same simply by putting the group into the BCC
section??

The original poster stated that the "to" box
says "Recipient List undisclosed". You can do this by
putting all recipients (whether individual mailboxes or a
group) in the BCC section.

The link you gave them was to show the name of the group
in the "to" box (rather than the name of each member of
the group).

Anyway, I'm just being argumentative :)

That will not populate the To: field, which is what the original poster was
asking.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
(e-mail address removed)...
I thought you could do the same simply by putting the
group into the BCC
section??

.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

False.
Putting the names in the BCC box will not place anything at all in the To:
field.
This is Outlook, not Outlook Express.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
The original poster stated that the "to" box
says "Recipient List undisclosed". You can do this by
putting all recipients (whether individual mailboxes or a
group) in the BCC section.

The link you gave them was to show the name of the group
in the "to" box (rather than the name of each member of
the group).

Anyway, I'm just being argumentative :)

That will not populate the To: field, which is what the original poster was
asking.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
(e-mail address removed)...
I thought you could do the same simply by putting the
group into the BCC
section??

.

Olivia

I sent a test message to one of my other e-mail address
and found you are correct! I have learnt something new
today! I'm too used to using Outlook express
Putting the names in the BCC box will not place anything at all in the To:
field.
This is Outlook, not Outlook Express.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
The original poster stated that the "to" box
says "Recipient List undisclosed". You can do this by
putting all recipients (whether individual mailboxes or a
group) in the BCC section.

The link you gave them was to show the name of the group
in the "to" box (rather than the name of each member of
the group).

Anyway, I'm just being argumentative :)

the
original poster was in