How to use recovery console to copy files?

Swade

Hi,

Short version:

How do I load the "Security Configuration and Analysis
snap-in" in the recovery console so that I can use SET to
set AllowAllPaths to TRUE and allow me to copy files?

Detailed version:

I'm attempting to salvage files from a logical drive
containing a wrecked copy of Windows 2000. Safe mode's a
no go since it dumps memory and reboots every time. So
I've booted from my 4 Win2k floppies and start the
recovery console.

The problem is that the recovery console does not allow me
to copy files from the C drive to the F drive (another
physical drive on the same machine). It gives me an access
denied message.

So far I've tried the ATTRIB command that doesn't seem to
give write permissions, and the SET command which doesn't
let me actually set anything. HELP SET does refer to a
setting AllowAllPaths which it claims will let me write to
the drives. However it says it needs the "Security
Configuration and Analysis snap-in". I have no idea how to
start this snap-in.

Thanx,
Swade

Swade