Windows 7 How to uninstall IE8 ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Please be aware this is in Windows 7 ONLY (vista second edition / Win 6.1)

Also, if you are using an alternative (cheat) browser that actually uses IE to work, you won't be able to browse the internet. If you not sure, you'll soon find out. :lol:

To uninstall Internet Explorer 8, follow these steps:

Close all programs
Click Start, and then click Control Panel
Under Programs, click Uninstall a program
In the tasks pane, click Turn Windows features on or off
In the list of windows features, clear the check box next to Internet Explorer 8
You receive a warning message in a pop-up window. Click Yes :D

Internet Explorer 8 will now be uninstalled :bow:

The system will offer a restart, do so. ;)

I reiterate, you cannot do this in Vista, you'll just get IE7 back, or heaven forbid, IE6 ... the only way to "fix" this is to clean install Win 7

I can highly recommend everyone who runs Windows, download an essential program ... ... it will verify that IE8, while is patched & up-to-date, is still vulnerable to infection from malice websites, and, they ain't gonna fix it 'cos they (MS) are bringing out IE9

oh, there is one way to not get infected while using IE8, don't visit nasty web sites. :lol:

and that quote is over a year old

on 22nd Aug, 2010 19:52 it was verified that this exploit still works on the latest IE8. tested on Chrome and Firefox, they are not vulnerable.

Update: The IE9 preview is not vulnerable to this exploit. However, the preview is far from ready to be used as a replacement web browser for IE8 and it is not officially out yet. This vulnerability is not actually closed until MS fully releases IE9 to the public after the beta this September. Since they have solved this in IE9 there's no need for me to contact MS regarding this issue at this time.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just twist it how I read it ... :D

Ask a Question