How to undo changes by Accessibility Wizard?

G

I was playing around with Accessibility Wizard and ended up increasing the size of
icons on the task bar including the Windows logo in the "Start" button, "Log Off" and "Turn Off Computer" icons on the Start Menu and the same icons on the Log Off and Turn Computer Off Dialogs. It even increased the font size of the text "Start" on the start button

How can you undo these changes or at least find out where these settings are stored? I did a System Restore but no luck

I was able to get back the smaller icons in the taskbar by right clicking on the
Quick Launch and choosing View > Small icons. Also, resetting the Windows XP style
in Desktop Apperances and changing the Caption Buttons size back to 24 helped

But I'm still stuck with a large and chunky Windows icon the Start button and the larger
Log Off and Turn Computer Off icons with jagged edges. So it's using the same old bitmaps but just the display dimensions changed

Does the Accessibility Wizard make changes like icons sizes, etc. all over the place
like this or does it store all it's parameters in one place? I can't find anything in the registry

Thanks

G

Hi

I had a similar problem which I was able to fix by changing the theme back to XP.
Go to Display properties (right click on desktop, properties.) Select themes tab. Select Windows XP theme and apply
If that don't help, select some other theme, apply and re-select XP theme and apply again
Hope this helps

Tomppa

Ask a Question