How to turn off Page Layout View as default view

Colin Halliday

In Excel 2007 I have somehow turned on Page Layout View as my default view
so that every time I open Excel or create a new workbook it is displayed in
Page Layout View.

I want it to open in Normal View by default.

How do I change this?

Thanks.

Hi Colin

Click the Microsoft button (Large button top left of screen)
Exel Options (Towards bottom right next to exit)
Select Popular in left column (Normally defaults to this)
Under "When creating new workbooks" heading.
Click drop down against "Default view for new sheets" and select Normal view

Regards,

OssieMac

Colin Halliday

Thanks, but:

This setting is set to Normal View. The problem is not just when I create a
new worksheet (which this setting relates to) but when I first open Excel or
create a new workBOOK.

Any other ideas?

I think it may be something to do with a template.

Colin

Hi Colin,

To the best of my knowledge it should fix the problem. The following is
extracted from help:-

Default View for new sheets Select the view that you want Excel to display
by default when you start Excel. You can select Normal View, Page Break
Preview, or Page Layout View.

I have known Excel to become "lost" with settings and there is then a need
to force it to make the change. Try setting to 'Page Layout View' and then
close Excel and re-open. Reset to Normal view and close Excel again and
re-open and see if it makes a diffierence.

Afraid that I can't offer any further suggestions.

Regards,

OssieMac

Joined
Apr 5, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

"Colin Halliday" wrote:

> Thanks, but:
>
> This setting is set to Normal View. The problem is not just when I create a
> new worksheet (which this setting relates to) but when I first open Excel or
> create a new workBOOK.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> I think it may be something to do with a template.
>
> Colin
>

> "OssieMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi Colin
> >
> > Click the Microsoft button (Large button top left of screen)
> > Exel Options (Towards bottom right next to exit)
> > Select Popular in left column (Normally defaults to this)
> > Under "When creating new workbooks" heading.
> > Click drop down against "Default view for new sheets" and select Normal
> > view
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > OssieMac
> >
> > "Colin Halliday" wrote:
> >
> >> In Excel 2007 I have somehow turned on Page Layout View as my default
> >> view
> >> so that every time I open Excel or create a new workbook it is displayed
> >> in
> >> Page Layout View.
> >>
> >> I want it to open in Normal View by default.
> >>
> >> How do I change this?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Colin Halliday

Hi ,I have the same problem as Colin regarding page layout view as default setting. I am using office for Mac. I do not have the same display to fix this problem as suggested in many replies.I need some suggestions please from new member Rosalind27