How to turn off highlighting??

rsbfitz

After opening Excel (everytime) the first cell I select becomes an acho
for a mass highlighted block. Regardless of where I take the cursor
all of the cells within the range of travel become highlighted. Al
soft keys are dead (so I can't activate help). Can not "ESC" out. Ca
only Cntl-Alt-Del and close program from the task manager.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to turn this off

Chip Pearson

This is a known problem, but not acknowledged by Microsoft. There
is no sure-fire fix for this problem. You can try clicking the
button a few times. Try clicking the mouse wheel a few times. If
you have a USB mouse, disconnect it and then reconnect it.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"rsbfitz" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

rsbfitz

Chip,
Your solution worked great. I wasn't using a USB mouse, but had on
and plugged it in. Couple of clicks and was able to turn it off.

Thanks