How to silently discard infected messages with f-prot

A

Anonymous

Hi all!
I just installed the f-prot antivirus with milter plugin on a Linux machine with sendmail installed.

When an infected message passes through the server, the attachment is removed and a warning message is added to the end of the message before delivering.

Is there a way to make the server silently drop/discard infected e-mails instead of delivering them together with the warning message?

Id really like to have infected emails deleted directly by the anti-virus software!!!

Thank you :)

D

David W. Hodgins

I just installed the f-prot antivirus with milter plugin on a Linux machine with sendmail installed.
Is there a way to make the server silently drop/discard infected e-mails instead of delivering them together with the warning message?

I haven't tried it yet, but see http://www.hbedv.com/files/antivir/manual/pdf/milter-engl.pdf
On page 13, it lists the avmilter.conf configuration options for handling emails with viruses detected.

If I'm reading it correctly, you want to set
VirusAlertToRcpt NO
VirusAlertToSender NO
VirusAlertToPostmaster NO
RejectVirusMail NO

This last one will cause the virus laden mail to be moved to the quarantine directory, instead of
attempting to send back a reject message. You'll need to set something up to auto empty the
quarantine directory.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Ask a Question