how to run spysweeper in limited account?

peter

For security reason, I created a new account with admin priviledge and
changed my working account from admin to limited. This caused spysweeper to
fail saying it needs admin priviledge.

I tried to run it with the runas command, but I couldn't even get runas to
run notepad, using admin's account or the working account's username. It
always say "5: access denied". Any ideas?

I'm using winXP home.

peter

Please ignore previous message about not being to use "runas". Here's the
new question:

For security reason, I created a new account with admin priviledge and
changed my working account from admin to limited. This caused spysweeper to
fail saying it needs admin priviledge.

So I use runas to run spysweeper with admin priviledge. It runs, but no
longer monitors home page changes, or things added to IE favorites. I
suspect it is now protecting the admin account.

How can I give it admin priviledge AND monitor my limited working account?

Feng Mao

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting!

Runas is the command to grant an application to be run under another user
account's privilege.

For the Spy sweeper issue, I cannot determine if it requires another
service to monitor the running process. You may take a look at Service
console (Start -> Run -> Type "Service.msc" (without quotation marks) and
press Enter). I wonder if there is any service related to Spy sweeper. If
so, please start the service and make it run under the user with
Administrator privilege.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE