how to remove full email history from activities tab of my vcard?

G

When I instruct Outlook to attach my vcard to my outgoing email messages, the
vcard it attaches shows my full email history in the activities tab. How do
I force the vcard to send only my contact information, and remove the full
email history from the activities tab?

V

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

That history doesn't get sent with the vCard, it only shows that way on your
machine since you've got the detail linked to that contact. If you want to
reassure yourself, open the vCard file in Notepad to see that the data isn't
there. vCards are just specially formatted text files

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You can stop being paranoid about this. No one is monitoring the activities in your Outlook folders. A vCard is a text file that contains information about a contact. You can see this for yourself by opening it in Notepad. It contains no information about activities. It contains no information about activities.

The Activities page builds a list *on the fly* of items related to the current contact. It builds that list from the *current user's* Outlook folders. If someone has activities related to you, they'll see them when they open the vCard you sent, because Outlook creates one of its own contacts from the vCard. If you open that vCard yourself, Outlook creates a contact with your information on it, and that contact's Activities page will show all the activities in your folders involving you.

If you still don't believe me, save the vCard to your hard drive and open it in Notepad.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Ask a Question