you can recover what you lost.

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><>
<><><>Do Provide The Version Of PowerPoint You Are Using<><><>
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This Newsgroup<><><>
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]

G

Because as your Subject indicated I guess it's not the case BUT if you want to see or recover any single files in PP and the only
easy way is to Save As Web Page with .htm extension. Here you'll discover that you actually expanded your PP compressed file.

Recovery software will works IF you did saved it in the first place AND were deleted later by accident. I did tried them but never
bought --- very costly.

Always save FIRST a working document file and left the original file intact. Press Ctrl+S once-in-while or click Tools > Options >
Save tab > tick #1 & 3 box and set 5 minutes. Make sure to select correctly what file to save as and to know your default location.
Do this in every single PP project before-hand and you're safe in the future even when power black-out happened.

Working in PP I always saved as many version of files as I modified by just adding a single digit number after my named file. If I
lost one I've no problem of using another files --- edit and modify it again. I can insert all pictures and sounds from anywhere
found in my PC. I can see them again in well-organized folder as my first paragraph says. Closing PP abruptly will always ask us to
Save and I always chose YES including in other extension such as .pps & .htm.

Greet us, control your thread but talk to us ;o)

Rino

stressed out w deadline of tomorrow

i saved the wrong powerpoint presentation (in XP)...dont see how to recover
it.. I am not sure if autocover is turned on

would recovery software help?

Ask a Question