    "The datatype is not supported." (translated)

    How can I access the BLOB?
    Thanx in advance.

    Chuck Vance, Dec 4, 2007

  2. Download odp.net from otn.oracle.com. It is Oracle's stack for .NET.

    Why? The .Net 2.0 provider is OLD. It was written during the 8i timeframe
    and I am not sure if it has been updated. Perhaps in SP1 for .NET Framework
    2.0, but certainly not in the original release bits. Oracle, on the other
    hand, has altered parts database access bits, which make the OracleClient
    (at least the original installed with the Framework) puke on 10g. NOTE that
    you will have to download the correct ODP.NET, unless Oracle has refined the
    libraries to span the offerings (doubt it, but possible).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 5, 2007

  3. Chuck Vance

    Chuck Vance Guest

    Hi Gregory,
    > you will have to download the correct ODP.NET, unless Oracle has refined the libraries to span the offerings (doubt it, but
    > possible).

    >> 1.) I have no chances to install / register third party DLLs because I don't have local admin rights.

    Can the ODP.NET be installed/used without admin rights?
    Chuck

    Chuck Vance, Dec 5, 2007