How to prevent websites to change my cursor

arno65

Sometimes websites use their own default cursor style. The arrow
changes to something 'funny' or letters follow the cursor like a tail.
Is there any way to prevent this? I tried to change my settings in
Tools, Internet Options, Accessibility * but that didn't override the
website style sheet settings.

Arno

* See more info on this on http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/ie6/formatpage.aspx

Rob ^_^

Hi Arno,

Use a user stylesheet with
body{cursor:default;}

IE Browsers only.
Regards.

arno65

Sometimes websites use their own default cursor style. The arrow
Use a user stylesheet with body{cursor:default;}

Hi Rob,

thanks for your reply. I hope I was clear enough :) My question is
not about using css for changing the cursor style on a website. I want
to *prevent* websites overriding my default cursor settings (client-
side). Sometimes they use the weirdest images!
Example: http://mf-hulp.myv.nl/

Kind regards, Arno

Rob ^_^

Hi arno65,
The user stylesheet with the cursor:default prevents web sites using their
own cursor on ALL web pages you visit.
Regards.

arno65

The user stylesheet with the cursor:default prevents web sites using their
own cursor on ALL web pages you visit.
Regards.<[email protected]> wrote in message

Hello Rob, that is exactly what I did but the website's preferences
were overriding my settings. I looked a bit further and found
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/cascade.html#important-rules

By default, the author's settings (i.e. funny cursors) override the
user stylesheet exept when you add '!important' to the code. So, this
is what I did: I defined a user stylesheet (cursor.css) and put it in
a directory. The code is

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
body {cursor:default !important};
</STYLE>

In Internet Explorer Tools > Internet Options > Accessibility > Format
Documents Using My Style Sheet I defined cursor.css as the document to
use. And now it works! :)
Thank you Rob for your assistance.

More tips and tricks for other browsers you can find at
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UserStylesheets

Regards,

Arnie

arno65

By default, the author's settings (i.e. funny cursors) override the
user stylesheet exept when you add '!important' to the code. So, this
is what I did: I defined a user stylesheet (cursor.css) and put it in
a directory. The code is
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
body {cursor:default !important};
</STYLE>

I correct myself:

a user stylesheet with only
body { cursor: default !important}
will do. (i.e. without the <style> tags).

Arnie