How to overwrite an existing contact

Reaction score
Dear all:
I am writing an application on PC. This application enables pc users to sync outlook contacts with their mobile phone. To do that, I import MSOUTL.OLB and mso.dll. However, I encounter a problem. If a contact on the mobile phone was modified, a mobile phone will send a vcf file to me. When I receive a modified vcf, I need to replace an old contact item with that vcf. How can I achieve this goal? I have two ideas, but they are not good for me. List them in the following and just for your reference.

(A) Analyze each file of that vcf and know which fields are modified, then use _ContactItem::putFulName (for example) to do that. But it seems kind of stupid since I just want to overwrite an existing contact using a modified vcf. I didn't need to analyze each field.
(B) Delete that existing contact and import a contact. However, if I do so, the entryid will be different. This is not what I expect. Besides, this bahavior is not "overwriting".

Any help is very appreciated. Thanks.

Ask a Question