How to make a new currency symbol

ss

Turkey has just issued a new symbol for its currency which currently
doesnt exist on keyboards. I need to convert some spreadsheets to
incorporate the new symbol, they previously used TL (turkish lira) for
their currency. Is this possible?

The new symbol is like a t with a double cross.

Jim Cone

I see you also posted the same question at PCreview, any other postings?
'---
Microsoft released a Turkish currency symbol convertor tool back in 2004.
Maybe they will do the same again.

In the meantime WindowsXP has a Private Character Editor utility that allows you to create your own
custom characters.
Start | Run | eudcedit
Maybe the operating system you use has the same feature?
Private Character Editor has a steep learning curve and it has been several years since I created a
custom character; so I can't provide any help for it.
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(Formats & Styles excel add-in_in the free folder)

"ss" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

James Silverton

I see you also posted the same question at PCreview, any other postings?
'---
Microsoft released a Turkish currency symbol convertor tool back in 2004.
Maybe they will do the same again.

In the meantime WindowsXP has a Private Character Editor utility that allows you to create your own
custom characters.
Start | Run | eudcedit
Maybe the operating system you use has the same feature?
Private Character Editor has a steep learning curve and it has been several years since I created a
custom character; so I can't provide any help for it.
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(Formats& Styles excel add-in_in the free folder)

"ss"<[email protected]>
wrote in message
Perhaps you can make a satisfactory character even with Windows 7, which
also has a Private Character Editor. I've never tried but, for e-mail
especially, you might use the appropriate triliteral: TRY. In general
plain text is best written that way, for example USD for US dollar and
GBP for British pound.

Cimjet

Hi Jim
Just For Your Information:
I've got Windows Vista and it's in there.( Never used it)
Regards
Cimjet

ss

"I see you also posted the same question at PCreview, any other postings? "

Nope that wasnt me but obviously others are having the same issue.

ss

"I see you also posted the same question at PCreview, any other postings? "

Nope that wasnt me but obviously others are having the same issue.
I have got as far as creating the new character but cannot get it to
type. It has code E000 allocated to it but this doesnt bring it up.
Anyone?