How to Implement an AJAX Solution.

G

Gaffar

Hello.

My name is Gaffar. I am handling an module in a Project. This application interface is slow and inefficient. So Client told "implement an AJAX Solution which will increase speed and efficiency and user's experience".

So, My problem is what is AJAX Solution. How to implement that. what are the feataures. Please give with a sample solution.

Thanx in advance.

Regards
Gaffar.

C

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Gaffar,

Ajax a Greek mythological person very well known from the Illias as well as a famous Dutch football club.

In Internet is meant to sent only parts of the server and page needs over the line. (In my idea is ASPNET doing the same, however I am not sure of it and never checked it).

I agree completely what with Jacob wrote, probably will that not shorten your total throughput in a way that gives any benefit.

Don't forget that the webrowser is not reading from the line however from the cache on disk where mostly forever your complete page is in once it is asked (And the first time Ajax (not the mythological figure or the Club) can not help you.

I hope this helps,

Cor

J

John Bailo

Gaffar said:
Hello.

My name is Gaffar. I am handling an module in a Project.
This application interface is slow and inefficient. So Client told
"implement an AJAX Solution which will increase speed and efficiency and
user's experience".

If the interface is "slow and inefficient" it's probably because of poor
design, and switching architectures is not going to save you.

A c# client calling web services is going to give you far more choices
than an "ajax" javascript solution.

So, I think you should tell the client that he doesn't know what he's
talking about.

Ask a Question