How to get Tmin in a formula

Sweety

I have an equation where tmin is unknown, and it turns out to be a 3rd degree
equation. The problem is how to find tmin without using “solver†or “goal
seek†in Excel.
Is there any other way i can get tmin in a 3rd degree equation i have

Sweety

Hi,
I am unable to copy the equation here.
Is there any other way, i can send you the equation.

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hi,

Excel is used for simple calculation. To check the issue and provide you
suggestions, could you give us a example? You can send me the example at
(e-mail address removed).

Thanks and have a nice day!

Regards,

Daisy Cao

Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?U3dlZXR5?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: How to get Tmin in a formula
| Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 00:18:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
|
| Hi,
| I am unable to copy the equation here.
| Is there any other way, i can send you the equation.
|

| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| > What is the equation?
| > Why don't you want to use Goal Seek?
| >
| > --
| > Kind regards,
| >
| > Niek Otten
| > Microsoft MVP - Excel

| > >degree
| > > equation. The problem is how to find tmin without using “solverâ€
or “goal
| > > seek†in Excel.
| > > Is there any other way i can get tmin in a 3rd degree equation i have

Sweety

Hi,

I have sent an email with the same subject line to (e-mail address removed)

Waiting for your reply

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hi Sweety,

I got your email and checked the equation, it is a complex equation and it
cannot be calculated by Excel build-in features. I also discuss the
questions with my colleagues, we do not suggest to solve the complex
equation with Excel and you may try advanced tool solver or goal seek.

If you do feel like to solve the equation with Excel, we suggest you
contact Advisory Services.

Advisory Services is a remotely delivered, hourly fee-based, consultative
support option that provides a comprehensive result beyond your break-fix
productmaintenance needs. This is most often used for code review, or new
program development, or product setup/migration type of issues.

For more info, you can refer to:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/advisoryservice

I appreciate your understanding. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Daisy Cao

Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?U3dlZXR5?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: How to get Tmin in a formula
| Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 03:29:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
|
| Hi,
|
| I have sent an email with the same subject line to (e-mail address removed)
|
| Waiting for your reply
|

| ""Daisy Cao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|

| > Hi,
| >
| > Excel is used for simple calculation. To check the issue and provide
you
| > suggestions, could you give us a example? You can send me the example
at
| > (e-mail address removed).
| >
| > Thanks and have a nice day!
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Daisy Cao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| >
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?U3dlZXR5?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Re: How to get Tmin in a formula
| > | Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 00:18:05 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > | I am unable to copy the equation here.
| > | Is there any other way, i can send you the equation.
| > |
| > |
| > | "Niek Otten" wrote:
| > |