it, but I cannot click this icon or right mouse click to
delete this small box. Also to the right is says Package
Name, Package Collection and Isolation Level. I would like
to get rid of this box. Please help.

G

Hi Tara
I don't know if this will help but I found it in the Excel 97 Help Files

I can't delete a data source

Data sources that you created with previous versions of Microsoft Query have (not shareable) in the data source name. All data sources, including new ones created with Microsoft Query 97, are stored as files with file name extension .dsn
Data source files from previous versions of Microsoft Query are usually stored in the ODBC Datasources folder in the Common Files folder. To see what folders are used to store data source files, point to Get External Data on the Data menu, click Create New Query, and then click Options

You can find and delete data source files as follows

· If all data source files are in the Common Files\ODBC Datasources folder, double-click the 32bit ODBC icon in the Windows Control Panel, click the File DSN tab, and then use the Remove button to delete any .dsn files that you don't want
· If data source files are in several folders, in Windows, search for all files with file name extension .dsn, and then delete any files that you don't want

Another thing you could try is to right click on a toolbar and open the "Control Toolbox" toolbar. Click on the button with the blue triangle to enter design mode. Then try and select and delete the object

Good Luck
Mark Graesse
(e-mail address removed)
Boston M

----- tara wrote: ----

I'm not sure how it got there, but there is a small box on
my worksheet that says, Data Source with an icon next to
it, but I cannot click this icon or right mouse click to
delete this small box. Also to the right is says Package
Name, Package Collection and Isolation Level. I would like
to get rid of this box. Please help

Ask a Question