How to edit footer in PPT '07 that was created in PPT '03

Kathy Bradley, Baxter

Our office just switched from Office 2003 to Office 2007. In a Powerpoint
presentation that was originally created in Office 2003, when I go into
Insert+Header/Footer, it does not show my existing information. I am unable,
therefore, to edit any of my header/footer information. Does anyone know how
to do this? I have a lot of documents with existing information and I'd
really prefer not to have to recreate all the documents. Thanks!

Echo S

Sometimes they get added via View | Master | Slide Master in 2003. So, in
2007 go to the View tab and hit Slide Master. See what's lurking there in
the master (big thumbnail) and layouts (little thumbnails).

Kathy Bradley, Baxter

I created the docs and added the info via the header/footer option, not in
the master. The master does show the info, but I can't edit from there
either, because it was originally created in the header/footer. Hence, my
dilemma. Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help, Echo!

Kathy Bradley said:
Our office just switched from Office 2003 to Office 2007. In a Powerpoint
presentation that was originally created in Office 2003, when I go into
Insert+Header/Footer, it does not show my existing information. I am
unable,
therefore, to edit any of my header/footer information. Does anyone know
how
to do this? I have a lot of documents with existing information and I'd
really prefer not to have to recreate all the documents. Thanks!

Echo S

Hm. Try turning the footers off then on again on the slide master and
layouts.

Echo S said:
Sometimes they get added via View | Master | Slide Master in 2003. So, in
2007 go to the View tab and hit Slide Master. See what's lurking there in
the master (big thumbnail) and layouts (little thumbnails).

"Kathy Bradley, Baxter" <Kathy Bradley, (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
Our office just switched from Office 2003 to Office 2007. In a
Powerpoint
presentation that was originally created in Office 2003, when I go into
Insert+Header/Footer, it does not show my existing information. I am
unable,
therefore, to edit any of my header/footer information. Does anyone
know
how
to do this? I have a lot of documents with existing information and
I'd
really prefer not to have to recreate all the documents. Thanks!

Echo S

That's the problem, then.

I saw this a few days ago, actually. I think I deleted the existing footer
placeholders (all three of them), then I turned them off and on. Or on and
off and on again. :) Having a hard time remembering the exact steps!

Echo S said:
Hm. Try turning the footers off then on again on the slide master and
layouts.

"Kathy Bradley, Baxter" <[email protected]>
wrote
in message news:[email protected]...