How to do it in excel?

Eric

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in excel?
In cell A1, there is a text "0001",
In cell B1, there is a filing structure
='E:\directory\0001\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14
I would like to insert any 4-digit code into filing structure for receiving
value.
If I type in "0005" in cell A1, then the directory will return in cell B1.
='E:\directory\0005\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Eric

About the morefunc add-in and INDIRECT.EXT,
the page you have requested cannot be found or is no longer available.
Do you have any suggestions on where to download this ext?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

David Biddulph said:
.... but remember that INDIRECT only works with files that are open, so in
that case the path may be largely irrelevant. If the file isn't open, you
may need the morefunc add-in and INDIRECT.EXT
http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/
--
David Biddulph

David Biddulph said:
Use the INDIRECT function.
Perhaps =INDIRECT("'E:\directory\"&A1&"\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14")
--
David Biddulph

Eric said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in excel?
In cell A1, there is a text "0001",
In cell B1, there is a filing structure
='E:\directory\0001\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14
I would like to insert any 4-digit code into filing structure for
receiving
value.
If I type in "0005" in cell A1, then the directory will return in cell
B1.
='E:\directory\0005\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

OssieMac

I was able to open the page so I don't think there is a problem with the site.

OssieMac

David Biddulph said:
Use the INDIRECT function.
Perhaps =INDIRECT("'E:\directory\"&A1&"\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14")
--
David Biddulph

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in excel?
In cell A1, there is a text "0001",
In cell B1, there is a filing structure
='E:\directory\0001\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14
I would like to insert any 4-digit code into filing structure for
receiving
value.
If I type in "0005" in cell A1, then the directory will return in cell
B1.
='E:\directory\0005\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Eric

I find the following extension for download, do you find the same link?

INDIRECT.EXT - same as INDIRECT working also with closed workbooks
http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/Pages/indirect.ext.htm

Once I click on this link, it returns "Page not found".
Could you please provide the link for download?
Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk> wrote in message
Use the INDIRECT function.
Perhaps =INDIRECT("'E:\directory\"&A1&"\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14")
--
David Biddulph

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in excel?
In cell A1, there is a text "0001",
In cell B1, there is a filing structure
='E:\directory\0001\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14
I would like to insert any 4-digit code into filing structure for
receiving
value.
If I type in "0005" in cell A1, then the directory will return in cell
B1.
='E:\directory\0005\[file.xls]sheet1'!M14
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

T. Valko

There are many alternate download sites. Just do a Google search on
Morefunc.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP