How to do Edit Query from Import External Data.

I'd like to import data from external excel file. I did as follows:
Data\Import External Data\Import Data
Select Data Source
Go to the path to get data
Open the file
Import data

But I'd like to make a Edit Query to sort out items I need.
For example: Sort out items with the total q'ty more than 100.

I went to Data\Import External Data\Edit Query. But I couldn't do the
Command Text.
Pls help me. Tks

Tuy Phuong

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

When sarting with Data>Import External Data>Edit Query, you are allowed to
set filter conditions, and sorting order.

Or, in query wizard, you can enter filter conditions and set sorting orders
in special filter/sort rows of wizard (maybe you have to say wizard to show
them before).

Or, in query wizard, you select SQL view from menu, and edit SQL-string
yourself.

Arvi Laanemets

"Excel General Questions" <Excel General