HOW TO DO A FREQUENCY DISTRIBUTION WITH A CLASS WIDTH?

Back to School at an Old Age

Hi, I am seeking some help in constructing a Frequency Distribution with a
class width, and it has been not been successful so far. I would appreciate
any help I can get. Thanks

Bernard Liengme

Please tell us a little about the data
What is the range of values?

But for now:
Suppose A1:A1000 have numbers in the range 0 to 50
In C1:C6 I enter the values 0,10,20,30,40,50
I select D1:D6 and type =FREQUENCY(A1:A1000,C1:C6) and commit this using
SHIFT+CTRL+ENTER (not just ENTER)

This is what I get
0....31
10...204
20...186
30...240
40...225
50...114

So 31 have value 0, 204 have value 1 to 10, etc

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Back to School at an Old Age" <Back to School at an Old
news:[email protected]...

Mike Middleton

Back to School at an Old Age -

Here are some ways:

(1) FREQUENCY array-entered worksheet function

(2) COUNTIF worksheet functions

(3) Histogram tool of the Analysis ToolPak

(4) my free Better Histogram add-in from www.treeplan.com

Or, tell us specifically what you've tried and what has happened or not
happened.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com