How to determine color "name" when mouse is over color selection m

In some MSO applications when changing colors when the mouse of held over one
of the squares of the color menu the system displays the "name" pf the color
- for example "Red" or "Primrose." For some reason I've lost that sbility (in
Excel). Where do I go to restore that ability?

Gord Dibben

Some of the Excel color picker dialogs have the color name when you hover and
others have not.

If you click on the Fill Color Icon on the Formatting Toolbar you will get the
names.

If you Format>Cells>Patterns you won't unless you click on "Pattern" dropdown.

When formatting a Comment for Colors and Lines the color names show up.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Jim Cone

David,
It will help if the "Show ScreenTips on toolbars" button is checkmarked ...
Tools | Customize | Options (tab)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"David Schrader"
<schrader@(MONTYPYTHON)ucs.fsu.edu>
wrote in message
In some MSO applications when changing colors when the mouse of held over one
of the squares of the color menu the system displays the "name" pf the color
- for example "Red" or "Primrose." For some reason I've lost that sbility (in
Excel). Where do I go to restore that ability?

Replies to Gord Dibben and Jim Cone,

I used both of your comments and was able
to get the information that I was trying to
find.

My thanks to you both.

David

P.S. I apologize for the delayed feedback. I
only just found the notification(s) that
someone had replied. (Sometimes I
hate SPAM sorting *rules* - they don't
always work as expected.) dfs