    i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to route2_2:1
    and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the origina?. How
    did I create the new files????

    Guest, Oct 8, 2006

    Nick Hodge Guest

    Paul

    These are just windows of the same file (Window>New), just close one, you
    are not closing the file, just the window and then save the file

    --
    HTH
    Nick Hodge

    HIS
    www.nickhodge.co.uk

    Nick Hodge, Oct 8, 2006

    Re: how to delete duplicate file example route 2_2:1 or route 2_2

    Thanks for the reply Nick. On my memory stick the file shows as route 2. When
    I open it it opens up as route 2:1 and route 2:2 under the window drop down.
    I tried closing one of the files but it closes both versions at he same time
    so I cannot save the original. Any other suggestion and how did I create this
    mess?

    Guest, Oct 8, 2006

    Ragdyer Guest

    Re: how to delete duplicate file example route 2_2:1 or route 2_2

    If you're displaying the 2:2 window, and you hit:
    <Ctrl> <W>
    You'll see the 2:2 change to 2, meaning you closed *only* the duplicate
    window.

    NOW, save the file while there's *no :2*.

    As Nick explained,
    Each time you click (accidentally or intentionally),
    <Window> <New Window>,
    You create a *copy* of the sheet.
    This is great for being able to display different sections of the same sheet
    *or* file at the same time, by going back into <Window>, and choosing
    <Arrange>, and configuring your screen to different display modes.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    Ragdyer, Oct 8, 2006

    Nick Hodge Guest

    Re: how to delete duplicate file example route 2_2:1 or route 2_2

    Paul

    Just click the red 'x' just below the top 'x' which closes the application
    and you should still have one window open, save in this state

    --
    HTH
    Nick Hodge

    HIS
    www.nickhodge.co.uk

    Nick Hodge, Oct 8, 2006

    Re: how to delete duplicate file example route 2_2:1 or route 2_2

    Thanks you solved my problem

    Guest, Oct 8, 2006