How to delete a record with all fields = #Error?

One of the records in a table in my database seems to have been corrupted
(although I can't tell how). Every field in the record just shows up as
"#Error#, including the AutoNumber field. Access will not allow me to delete
the record. When I try, a bunch of pop-up boxes with "Invalid Argument" show
up. Then, the little box on the left hand side of the record gets a little
circle with a line through it (that's the box, where if the record is
selected, you see the little arrow).

Help!

Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP

Can you remove all indices from the table? If you can, do so and then
compact the database and try deleting the record again. Once it is deleted,
recreate your indices.

You can also try inserting all the records except the bad one into a new
table.

--
Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP

"WI Environmental Health" <WI Environmental
news:[email protected]...

Had the same problem. Was able to delete the bad record using append query.
First open the table in design view and select "Save As" with a new name.
Select "Yes" when prompted for a primary key. Select new Query in the Object
menu and use the Simple Query Wizard. Select the table with the bad record
and move all fields to the Selected fields box, click next and next again to
accept default values. Select a name for the Query, then click on modify then
finished.

Click on on "Query on the toolbar and select Append Query then select the
new empty table. In the Criteria field for the Autonumber use
=< the number before the error and => then number after the error.
Example =< 141 and => 143
Run the query, a dialogue box will show the number of records that will be
appended (you can verify the number of records from the bad table).
Click Yes to continue. Check the new table and if all appears OK, just
rename the tables. Hope it works well for you

dbahooker

you see; in SQL Server you can easily automate rebuilding indexes.

not so in MDB land..

USE A REAL DATABASE

Access Data Proejcts are the best PROGRAM to ever come out of Redmond.

-Aaron Kempf