How to create a distribution list from many recipients?

Viktor Erdélyi

I have some emails sent to a lot of people in the "To:" field (at least 60
people). I'd like to add them all to a distribution list and create a rule
that if the message is sent by or to any of them, it should be moved to
whatever folder. How can I create the distribution list from the "To:" field?
If I simply select them all, Outlook complains that it doesn't find most of
the people among the contacts (which is actually true, and I have no idea how
to import them into a separate contacts folder either).

(Outlook 2K7, Vista x86)

To be more clear, the message is like this:
From: name1
To: name2; name3; name4; .............; name60
Subject: ...

Brian Tillman

Viktor Erdélyi said:
I have some emails sent to a lot of people in the "To:" field (at
least 60 people). I'd like to add them all to a distribution list and
create a rule that if the message is sent by or to any of them, it
should be moved to whatever folder. How can I create the distribution
list from the "To:" field?

What works for me is opening the message, right-clicking the list, choosing
Select All, right-clicking, choosing Copy, opening my Contacts, clicking
New>Distribution List, clicking Select Members, right-clicking in the
Members field, choosing Paste, then OK. However, you're correct that only
those addresses that are resolvable will not be added properly. The only
thing you can do in that case, as far as I know, is to double-click each
non-resolving address while in the original message. This should bring up
an E-mail Properties dialogue which should contain the Internet address for
that person, which you can copy and paste to the Members field of the Select
Members dialogue.

Viktor Erdélyi

That works, but copy and paste 60 times? Would you please file this issue as
a feature request for the upcoming versions of Outlook? (Or tell me how and
where to do that)
Thanks.

Brian Tillman

Viktor Erdélyi said:
That works, but copy and paste 60 times? Would you please file this
issue as a feature request for the upcoming versions of Outlook? (Or
tell me how and where to do that)

I don't work for Microsoft, so the only ways open to me are also open to
you. Make a suggestion post in this newsgroup or open a support incident
with Microsoft.