how to convert powerpoint to silverlight

J

jimbaum

Just as there are ways to convert powerpoint to flash, how can powerpoint be
converted to silverlight? If not now, is there anything in the works?

Thanks,

Jim B.

J

Judith.yoyo

Just as there are ways to convert powerpoint to flash, how can powerpoint be
converted to silverlight? If not now, is there anything in the works?

Thanks,

Jim B.

I don't know if I can help you, maybe you can use ppt-to-dvd to
convert your PowerPoint to audio formats and then it can work?you can
have a try in http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com

Reaction score
PowerPoint-to-XAML Silverlight Converter Available

Electric Rain is a multimedia software company that has spent the last year creating a PowerPoint-to-XAML (Microsoft WPF & Silverlight) converter technology. Electric Rain has already licensed this technology directly to Microsoft and is now making the technology available on a broader level to other software companies. Below is a brief outline of the current features of the technology. Please contact me if you are interested in learning more about the technology and/or how to license it for use in your products / services.

Electric Rain PowerPoint-to-XAML Converter Feature list:
  • Convert a PowerPoint 2007 presentation into XAML Slides and Shapes that works on Microsoft’s Windows Presentation Foundation 3.5 and Silverlight 2.0 clients.
  • Convert Shapes into XAML equivalents for images, text, and drawings as PNG’s. Also supports videos to videos, and PowerPoint ink to WPF / Silverlight static ink. All other shape types can be converted to image equivalents.
  • Support for PPTX or PPT file format conversions (must have PowerPoint 2007 installed).
  • Renders all effects to PNG while preserving very accurate layout information.
  • Supports most common set of “wipe” animations for shapes, aka custom animations (i.e. scale, rotate, motion paths) of the priority animations.
  • Renders a custom build animation within a slide (i.e. render a specific diagram animation within a slide in XAML).
  • Ability to render text as PNG for best fidelity retention (next version will include a full vector text implementation).
  • Remove/Re-add specific shapes/backgrounds from slides before final conversion.
  • Export slides to Visual Studio solution file (SLN) for further editing, or asset re-use in Microsoft Blend or other XAML editors / players.
  • “One-click” import all button that will convert all slides to XAML files (WPF or Silverlight).
  • Pick and choose specific slides for conversion through a visual interface sample app.
  • On demand and individual slide conversion.
  • Supports fade animations, visibility toggles, scale, move, rotate and motion path build animations.
  • Supports fade slide transitions as default.
  • Preview animations before exporting via the player code used within the sample app provided.
  • PPTX overlay allows user to see how accurate the conversion is compared to a picture of the original slide.
  • Render and retain layout animation transitions.
  • Set target output resolution.
  • Written completely in C# code and is a 100% .NET 3.5 managed application / code.
  • License is available as compiled libraries or source code. Includes sample standalone converter application and previewer.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to set up a call to discuss licensing terms.

Thank you,

Mike Soucie
(e-mail address removed)
303-543-8233

Ask a Question