How to Compile Program?

ping

Hello everyone!
I had already installed VC6.0 in my computer, then i installed the Vs.net.
I wrote some programs of vs.net with the UtraEdit and compiled them in
command line. For example, i wrote a program of Hello World with C#
language:

using System;
class MainApp
{
public static void Main()
{
Console.WriteLine("Hello World using C#!");
}
}

and wrote a batch file: build.bat
csc /debug+ /out:.\HelloCS.exe HelloCS.cs

then i executed the batch command, but resulting informed "csc isn't a inner
command!"( system doesn't find the compile command of the csc. I find
windows don't add the path of vs.net to the default path of windows in the
installing( My system is win2k). The paths of vs6.0 had been added to the
default path of windows, these path include: \vc98\bin;\common\Ms Dev98\bin;
\common\Tools; \common\Tools\WinNT etc.

How can i reset the system path in order that the compile command, for
example: csc.exe command, can be find in the compiling.

thank you!

jzp

2003.10.28

Grayson Myers [MSFT]

Try adding the following line to your build.bat file, before the call to csc:

call "%VSCOMNTOOLS%\vsvars32.bat"

Calling this batch file will put the VS tools on your path. The VSCOMNTOOLS environment variable is added to your
default environment by the VS .NET 2002 installer, and points to Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7
\Tools on a default installation. If you're using VS .NET 2003, use VS71COMNTOOLS instead.

Thanks,
Grayson