how to 'capture' two-layer logo??

T

Todd

by Luck I created a better logo while setting up my
homepage. it has one layer as a border, and an image
inserted, how do I link/lock? the two so I can save as
jpeg to use for biz apps like bizcards and letterhead?
Thanks for help on this, I'm new to FP, and looked
everywhere for connecting layers to cut/paste/move/save,
you name it....Todd
*I want it on other pages of my site too, and the
shopping cart page/invoices generated by Commerce Manager
in bCentral, whew!

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You would have been better off creating the logo in a graphics / image application and not in FP, as
FP is not a graphic application.

Based on what you have described, this should be easy to re-create in a graphics application,
however you can view the page in IE, then use a screen capture app or Print Screen to capture and
then paste into a graphic application and then save as JPEG/JPG image, then you will have a image
that you then use as needed.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

easiest way would be to do a Prt Scrn, then edit the image in an image editor. Print Screen will save the whole screen view to an image file...then crop out what you don't need and save as a jpg.

| by Luck I created a better logo while setting up my
| homepage. it has one layer as a border, and an image
| inserted, how do I link/lock? the two so I can save as
| jpeg to use for biz apps like bizcards and letterhead?
| Thanks for help on this, I'm new to FP, and looked
| everywhere for connecting layers to cut/paste/move/save,
| you name it....Todd
| *I want it on other pages of my site too, and the
| shopping cart page/invoices generated by Commerce Manager
| in bCentral, whew!

G

I have found that for snagging anything, that Snag-It by TechSmith is the best tool to have around. It has a free download at www.snagit.com . We use it for capturing all sorts of screen prints and images for design documents that we prepare for our clients. I liked it so much I purchased it. It also will let you capture screenprints for webpages that vertically scroll. It has counteless features and I could go on and on. I find that there are often many ways to do many things, but I find myself migrating to the quickest and easiest - that's why I like Snag-It. There are other ways, but given your problem, I would have captured the image and saved it in any number of formats much quicker than I typed this message

Tinman

?

YEppers.. I have Snag-It...only I couldn't remember the name of it!

| I have found that for snagging anything, that Snag-It by TechSmith is the best tool to have around. It has a free download at www.snagit.com .. We use it for capturing all sorts of screen prints and images for design documents that we prepare for our clients. I liked it so much I purchased it. It also will let you capture screenprints for webpages that vertically scroll. It has counteless features and I could go on and on. I find that there are often many ways to do many things, but I find myself migrating to the quickest and easiest - that's why I like Snag-It. There are other ways, but given your problem, I would have captured the image and saved it in any number of formats much quicker than I typed this message.
|
| Tinman

?

come to think of it...I've always had a problem getting Snag It to snag a selected area. It works fine in all other aspects but I never could figure how to capture a selected area...it looks like it will but doesnt do nuttin'

| I have found that for snagging anything, that Snag-It by TechSmith is the best tool to have around. It has a free download at www.snagit.com .. We use it for capturing all sorts of screen prints and images for design documents that we prepare for our clients. I liked it so much I purchased it. It also will let you capture screenprints for webpages that vertically scroll. It has counteless features and I could go on and on. I find that there are often many ways to do many things, but I find myself migrating to the quickest and easiest - that's why I like Snag-It. There are other ways, but given your problem, I would have captured the image and saved it in any number of formats much quicker than I typed this message.
|
| Tinman

Ask a Question