How to Calculate a Report Field

R

Racer57

I have a report that I want to list activities for each sales rep. The report is based on a table that lists the Sales Rep, Date, and activity.

The report is grouped by sales rep, I then want a count of each activity by day, like the following:

REP Date Inbound Leads Cold Calls
Jim Beam
6/1/04 3 6
6/2/04 4 7

Cap'n Morgan
6/1/04 5 1
6/4/04 2 2

etc.

I tried =Abs(Sum([Activity]="Inbound Lead")) but that only counted all records, not date or rep specific. How can I count the number of each type of activity for each rep on each date?

G

In the query bound to the report (or create a query). Group by sales rep and date and count "Inbound Leads" and "Cold Calls".

In the report group by sales rep and date and add two unbound fileds in the Sales Rep Footer.

=Abs(Sum([Countofinbound Lead"))
=Abs(Sum([CountofCold Calls"))

Jim

R

Racer57

Could you be more specific on the query set up. Not very familiar with how
to group by sales and date in the quesry and do I build an expression/field
like Expr1:count([Type of Lead]="Inbound Lead")

Jim said:
In the query bound to the report (or create a query). Group by sales rep
and date and count "Inbound Leads" and "Cold Calls".
In the report group by sales rep and date and add two unbound fileds in the Sales Rep Footer.

=Abs(Sum([Countofinbound Lead"))
=Abs(Sum([CountofCold Calls"))

Jim

Racer57 said:
I have a report that I want to list activities for each sales rep. The report is based on a table that lists the Sales Rep, Date, and activity.

The report is grouped by sales rep, I then want a count of each activity by day, like the following:

REP Date Inbound Leads Cold Calls
Jim Beam
6/1/04 3 6
6/2/04 4 7

Cap'n Morgan
6/1/04 5 1
6/4/04 2 2

etc.

I tried =Abs(Sum([Activity]="Inbound Lead")) but that only counted all
records, not date or rep specific. How can I count the number of each type
of activity for each rep on each date?

Ask a Question