How to assign a Category to a custom function?

Toby Erkson

When you bring up the function wizard, you can select functions by Category
(Financial, Date & Time, Database, Text, etc). How does one assign a
Category to their custom (VBA created) function so it will show up in the
appropriate Category?

Jim Cone

Toby,

Categories...
' 0 = All 11 = Customizing
' 1 = Financial 12 = Macro Control
' 2 = Date & Time 13 = DDE/External
' 3 = Math & Trig 14 = User Defined
' 4 = Statistical 15 = Engineering
' 5 = Lookup & Reference
' 6 = Database
' 7 = Text
' 8 = Logical
' 9 = Information
' 10 = Commands

Private Sub ShouldBeFunctionCategories()
Application.MacroOptions macro:="Bootstraps", Category:=5
Application.MacroOptions macro:="Mushrooms", Category:=10
Application.MacroOptions macro:="TheRightThing", Category:=8
End Sub
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Toby Erkson" <t o b y e a t b i d a t a d o t n e t>
wrote in message
When you bring up the function wizard, you can select functions by Category
(Financial, Date & Time, Database, Text, etc). How does one assign a
Category to their custom (VBA created) function so it will show up in the
appropriate Category?

Toby Erkson

Thank you Jim, works perfectly!!

P.S. Go Beavers! ;-) My brother-in-law is a Duck fan...it's true you can't
pick your relatives :-D

Jim Cone

Toby,
You are welcome.
Oregon State was the last major college football team to give up
Single Wing football. They haven't been the same since. <g>
Regards,
Jim Cone

wrote in message
Thank you Jim, works perfectly!!

P.S. Go Beavers! ;-) My brother-in-law is a Duck fan...it's true you can't
pick your relatives :-D

Categories 0-10 are standard and stable, but subsequent categories are added
by various applications/add-ins and will vary (both the names and the order
in which they occur) from PC to PC.

Jerry

Jim Cone

Jerry,
Thanks for the information. I'll take your word for it.
I haven't assigned categories to functions in 5 or 6 years.
I think User Defined is more meaningful to most users anyway.
Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA