How the nickname Swansea Jack began.

Reaction score
Although “Swansea Jack" is a term often given to the residents of Swansea, it is believed by many, that the nickname is taken from a brave black Labrador Retriever of the same name.
Jack the dog was often found playing around Swansea Dock in the early 1930’s. The dangerous water attracted local children, who at times found themselves in the danger of drowning. Brave Jack, on seeing a child in danger would jump
into the murky waters and drag them to safety. With an estimated 27 rescues to his credit, Jack is thought of as a local hero.A place of remembrance is erected on the Swansea prom.
There is a more here>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7566873.stm

Reaction score
whisper said:
glad u conceeded the fact mate :) hahahha

Emma xx

lol told twice in one day....:p
laughingsmiley.gif
bowdown.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
say it long...say it loud...I'm Welsh and I'm proud......blimey! nearly fell off my soap box :) lol

Reaction score
whisper said:
say it long...say it loud...I'm Welsh and I'm proud......blimey! nearly fell off my soap box :) lol

Mind out...before somebody will slap a health and safety law on standing on soap boxes....lol

Reaction score
How come on a recent job application i could put Welsh, Irish or Scottish, but not English?
I'm proud to be English and born in London with a bit of Scottish from my Gran's side of the family.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Definitely, John (Hubby) Is Scouse first, English second, and Brittish third. And, as well as the Union Jack he also has the English flag around somewhere too.

Reaction score
If your English your British.

If your Scottish your British.

If your Welsh your British.

If your Irish your British.

But this thread is about a DOG named Jack Whoof Whoof!

Reaction score
feckit said:
How come on a recent job application i could put Welsh, Irish or Scottish, but not English?
I'm proud to be English and born in London with a bit of Scottish from my Gran's side of the family.

While on the subject of job applications..I just confuse the feck out of people by ticking the box that says African..After all I was born there wasn't I..?I've done it a few times and got a few strange looks and comments when I have turned up for the interview...:p

Ask a Question