How much of your country have you seen?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day, and the parts of the UK I've not seen are the West of Scotland, all of N. Ireland and hardly any of London (been there only a few times). I've seen pretty much everywhere else though that I can think of.

Considering the size of the UK thats not very good, so I'm going to explore the rest when I get the chance over the next few years.

How do other people fare with where they live? (Maybe not so easy for Americans, Canadians or Aussies!).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lots and lots :)

No Northern Ireland though, nor North Wales.

Have been to the very top of Scotland, on the North Coast, a little place named Nig Bay.

Have worked in loads of places in UK, from Scotland, Isle Of Wight, Whitby, all over, really.

But I've never been to Wigan :eek:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
and me

In England ...all over ..from the west of Chester to the east of Cambridge to the south of Truro to the North of Hartlepool...All over Wales (Beautiful Country might i add...) but never Scotland or Ireland :)

Reaction score
I haven't gone north of bristol, i have done a lot of the south tho.

Thinking about it i have seen more of Australia then the UK.

I feel ashamed.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
darkangel said:
I haven't gone north of bristol, i have done a lot of the south tho.

Thinking about it i have seen more of Australia then the UK.

I feel ashamed.

So you should , No wonder the country is in such a state . Waders of muttering , bleedin suffeners
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
#I’ve been everywhere man I’ve been everywhere#

I've been to: Reading, Carlisle, Falkirk, Manchester, Bristol, Trowbridge, Wigan, Salisbury, Wrexham, Taunton, Oban, Oxford, Tipperary, Portsmouth, Middlesborough, London, Bangor, Bath, Sunderland, Aberdeen, Tenby, Plymouth, Anglesey, Glasgow, Cardiff, Liverpool, :wave:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
in america i only been to 5 of the 50 states... looks like i got alot of exploring to do! :)

Reaction score
Alf said:
in america i only been to 5 of the 50 states... looks like i got alot of exploring to do! :)
Haha!

Ive been to Georgia, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Massachussets, Texas, Ohio, Illinois, South Carolina, Tennesee, Michigan, New York, Colorado

In my own country?

Hampshire, Cambridgeshire, Yorkshire, Devon, Cornwall, Suffolk, Norfolk, London, Kent, Surrey, West Sussex... And more.

CBA to list the individual towns...!

Reaction score
Been to London 3 or 4 times, most parts of Hampshire and camped Cornwall plenty (even surfed when the weather was nice :D). oh and i lived in the Isle of Wight for about 4 1/2 years.

I like the same old places, not one for change :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
But I've never been to Wigan :eek:
Your not missing anything flops!:rolleyes:
Done most of Wales and been to most of the Counties in England.
Southern Scotland once, Isle of Wight recently, not Ireland yet.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Done most the south island but only Wellington (hilly, windy & sorta ugly but surrounded by some really beautiful countryside) & Auckland (If you're really fond of Poverty & wealth & very long traffic jams then this is the place to go!).
Australia, lived in Victoria, visited most of the east coast (skipped the 'gold coast' section as I like my beaches with fewer people & fewer sharks) & various wee 'dots on the map' out the center way where most of my Rellys live.
Like Victoria best. Tend to like my land green & with Lumpy bits (no hills gives me the willies) Although I loved the haunting beauty of central Australia. Is easy to understand why it has birthed so many poets. Up the top was just too hot & humid for me. First time I've ever wanted a cold shower & only able to get 'Lukewarm' out of the cold tap. Even so, would've lived in the shower if I could. Can cope with 'too hot' But just can't handle the whole humidity thing. Guess I'm a wuss that way :rolleyes:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
wow Chris... u seen more of Usa than i have, and i live here :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
In Motion

By Cirianz

Done most the south island but only Wellington (hilly, windy & sorta ugly but surrounded by some really beautiful countryside) & Auckland (If you're really fond of Poverty & wealth & very long traffic jams then this is the place to go!).
Australia, lived in Victoria, visited most of the east coast (skipped the 'gold coast' section as I like my beaches with fewer people & fewer sharks) & various wee 'dots on the map' out the center way where most of my Rellys live.
Like Victoria best. Tend to like my land green & with Lumpy bits (no hills gives me the willies) Although I loved the haunting beauty of central Australia. Is easy to understand why it has birthed so many poets. Up the top was just too hot & humid for me. First time I've ever wanted a cold shower & only able to get 'Lukewarm' out of the cold tap. Even so, would've lived in the shower if I could. Can cope with 'too hot' But just can't handle the whole humidity thing. Guess I'm a wuss that way :rolleyes:

your post is poetry ....conjoured up many many images ..Thanks...

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Rush said:
By Cirianz

your post is poetry ....conjoured up many many images ..Thanks...

lol, Thanks rush :D, you should come down & check us out some time... we even have icebergs :nod::lol:

Ask a Question