How much is your fuel bill this 1/4 who you with?

Reaction score
Mine dual fuel £104.19 with no cutting back> 2nd June to 5th Sept> E-on:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Our last bill was £192.60 (EON) for April/May/June :eek:, but was much higher in the winter months!

I thought living in a top floor flat that we would get all the heat rising from the floors below... but even more escapes from the roof so it's really cold inside if it's less than ~12C outside (which it frequently is in Winter ;)).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I moved into my new place in June.

I'm with British Gas for both Electric and Gas by default, can't be arsed to change I've studied the prices and they're all much a muchness.

Besides, as soon as you sign up they can shift the goalposts any old way they like.

Ok, first quarter,

Electric £53.00

Gas: £7.57 :eek:

Both prices genuine, I checked the meters.

I haven't actually had my Gas cooker plumbed in yet so only gas I've used is for hot water (washing dishes, washing machine) and showers & baths.

Must get that cooker plumbed in, me fed up with microwave meals and using this camping gaz cooker ;)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Our last bill was £192.60 (EON) for April/May/June :eek:, but was much higher in the winter months!

I thought living in a top floor flat that we would get all the heat rising from the floors below... but even more escapes from the roof so it's really cold inside if it's less than ~12C outside (which it frequently is in Winter ;)).

Get the lagging done Ian:nod:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Dual fuel p/m £33 Gas £43 Electric with EFD

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
itsme said:
Get the lagging done Ian
nod.gif

We're renting, so unfortunately can't do anything major to the flat - plus it's in the actual roof of the building so about 1/2 of the ceiling is pure roof without a loft above (if that makes sense).

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
We're renting, so unfortunately can't do anything major to the flat - plus it's in the actual roof of the building so about 1/2 of the ceiling is pure roof without a loft above (if that makes sense).

Yes I understand I live in a maisonette and it is exactly as you describe but my landlord after I asked him made it leak-proof 6 Inch lagging it took a week to do but now it is lovely and warm:D You pay your rent so you are entitled to have the work done:nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Mine is 100% ... I know when a tile has moved, it gets wet inside. :lol:

Still, we all got double glazing this year, that should actually make a big difference ... I'm already, however, using the heating.

I feel the cold these days. :(

:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah we've had the heating on for the last few days too - it does seem to have warmed up a little today though :)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Mine is 100% ... I know when a tile has moved, it gets wet inside.
laughingsmiley.gif

You know when the lagging aint there the snow comes in with the rain:lol:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i pay £36 a month, thats half electric other for gas from NPower, i dont really use much so am probably paying them too much

i use the immersion heater for hot water, just turn it on for an hour in the evening before i go to bed every other day. Used the boiler for the first time yesterday as it was cold and the girlfriend was moaning, have a feeling i'll be using it more these days as it starting to get quite cold up here

Reaction score
What do you know.? "Mr I Don't Feel Cold" Actually turned the heating on last night...And its bl**dy cold today to...

Ask a Question